- Kaito Kirishima (霧島 海人 Kirishima Kaito )
- Voiced by: Nobunaga Shimazaki
- The main protagonist is a student in his first year of high school. He is an avid videographer, and is constantly out recording things. Others sometimes refer to him as "The Director". He's seemingly aware of Tanigawa's feelings for him, nonetheless he seems to have a genuine interest for Ichika. He has day dreams of conversing with Ichika and talks out loud sometimes during them.
- Ichika Takatsuki (貴月 イチカ Takatsuki Ichika )
- Voiced by: Haruka Tomatsu
- The main female protagonist is an alien come to Earth who acts to save Kaito from the injuries he sustains when her ship crash-lands. Being an alien unaccustomed to life on Earth, her actions may seem weird in the eyes of others, but she is quick to correct herself, if only to hide the fact that she's an alien. She is kind, polite, friendly and an ok cook. Like her "best friend" Remon Yamano, she is a second-year student in Kaito's high school.
- Nanami Kirishima (霧島 七海 Kirishima Nanami )
- Voiced by: Aya Hisakawa
- Kaito's big sister. She takes care of Kaito in their parent's absence and is concerned about him living alone when she goes away on business.
- Kanna Tanigawa (谷川 柑菜 Tanigawa Kanna )
- Voiced by: Kaori Ishihara
- A close friend of Kaito, whom she has a crush on. Kaito's sister is aware of this and encourages a relationship between the two.
- Tetsurō Ishigaki (石垣 哲郎 Ishigaki Tetsurō )
- Voiced by: Hideki Ogihara
- A close friend of Kaito and Tanigawa. He knows of her feelings for Kaito and encourages a relationship between the two. He seems to be an all-around savvy guy with females and is easily able to smooth-talk a female teacher into giving out Ichika's body measurements.
- Mio Kitahara (北原 美桜 Kitahara Mio )
- Voiced by: Kana Asumi
- A good friend of Tanigawa. She has feelings for Tetsurō and her thoughts seem to innocently go in a sexual direction sometimes.
- Remon Yamano (山乃 檸檬 Yamano Remon )
- Voiced by: Yukari Tamura
- A second year high school student with a petite appearance and a distinctive voice. She is generally cold towards people, but befriends Ichika when they first meet. She is good at picking locks and can be quite mischievous, such as when she makes the rest of the group drink an alcoholic drink, then records them sleeping. She seems devious, as though everything she does has an ulterior motive. Since she claims to have written a script for Lucas in Hollywood (implying George Lucas), she ends up being the writer for the group's movie.
- Rinon (りのん)
- Voiced by: Rina Hidaka
- A companion to Ichika, this alien lifeform is nonhumanoid, stands roughly 12 inches tall, and seems to be integrated with the ship or otherwise in charge of ship operations.
The Waiting in the Summer anime TV series directed by Tatsuyuki Nagai and produced by J.C. Staff and Genco began airing in Japan on January 10, 2012 on the TV Aichi and KBS television networks. The screenplay was written by Yōsuke Kuroda, who originally conceived the series with original character designer Taraku Uon. Masayoshi Tanaka based the character design used in the anime on Uon's concepts. The music was mainly produced by Maiko Iuchi, with other members of I've Sound, and the sound director is Jin Aketagawa. The opening theme is "Sign" sung by Ray, featuring lyrics written by Kotoko and composed by Shinji Orito of Key. The ending theme is "Vidro Moyō" (ビードロ模様) sung by Nagi Yanagi, who also wrote the lyrics, and is composed by Tomoyuki Nakazawa of I've Sound. The single for "Sign" will be released on February 8, 2012, while the single for "Vidro Moyō" will be released on February 29, 2012. Sentai Filmworks has licensed the anime for release in North America, and Crunchyroll is streaming the series in North and South America. Madman Entertainment licensed the series for release in Australia and New Zealand.
SOURCE: WIKIPEDIA, GOOGLE IMAGE